Key Focus Area One: Entrenching Constitutionalism.
Focus Area Two: Promoting Free and Fair Elections.
Focus Area Three: Addressing the historical political marginalisation of women, youth, persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups.
Key Focus Area Four: Internal Excellence
Key Focus Area One: Entrenching Constitutionalism
The Strategic Objectives for this Key Focus Area include:
- Facilitate citizens to embody national values and the spirit of the Constitution in the exercise of their sovereign power.
- Facilitate CSOs and citizens to participate in strengthening public institutions and holding public officials to account.
- To safeguard and strengthen devolution for improved service delivery and transformation of lives.
- Innovative and responsive civic education delivered through multiple media.
- Institutionalisation of civic education and public participation at the county level.
- Advocacy initiatives on constitutionalism that promote citizen actions, access to justice and environmental governance.
- Participatory governance initiatives at county and national level that also focus on social accountability, gender and environmental governance and facilitate knowledge and skills transfer between national and county-based CSOs.
Key Focus Area Two: Promoting Free and Fair Elections
The strategic objectives for this Key Focus Area include:
- To enhance participation of citizens in the electoral processes.
- To promote transparency and confidence in the management of elections.
- To empower citizens to elect leaders who embody the spirit and the values of the Constitution.
- Multi-media civic and voter education on electoral process.
- Support to CSOs participation in electoral reform processes.
- Support to CSOs and State Actors’ engagement on emerging electoral management issues.
- Support to social vetting and public debates for political aspirants.
- Research and documentation of lessons from general elections.
Key Focus Area Three: Addressing the historical political marginalisation of women, youth, persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups
The Strategic Objective of this Key Focus Area is:
- To increase and enhance representation of historically marginalised groups and communities in governance processes.
- Support to CSOs and networks to facilitate increased participation of marginalised groups and communities through policy advocacy and public interest litigation and other measures.
- Support Capacity building of marginalised groups and communities to actively participate in governance processes.
- Supporting initiatives that counter socio/cultural/religious and other structural barriers to participation of marginalized groups.