Rooting Democracy in Kenya
Rooting Democracy in Kenya through an Informed Citizenry – Phase II (RDP) is a five year Programme that is anchored on Uraia’s current Strategic Plan for 2016 – 2020. The Programme design is based on four priorities referred to as Key Focus Areas(KFAs) that Uraia will address in its interventions over this period. The Objectives of this programme are:
- Facilitate citizens to embody national values and the spirit of the Constitution in the exercise of their sovereign power.
- Facilitate CSOs and citizens to participate in strengthening public institutions and holding public officials to account.
- To safeguard and strengthen devolution for improved service delivery and transformation of lives.
- To enhance participation of citizens in the electoral processes.
- To promote transparency and confidence in the management of elections.
- To empower citizens to elect leaders who embody the spirit and the values of the Constitution.
- To increase and enhance representation of historically marginalised groups and communities in governance processes.
- To enhance Uraia’s responsiveness to the civic needs of Kenyans.