Supporting Uraia means supporting Kenya’s known and trusted premier civic education programme to help millions of Kenyans sustain and enjoy their constitutional rights.
Our work facilitating the delivery of quality, gender responsive civic education and engagement across various communities, including historically marginalised groups, depends on financial support from our development partners to a large extent. We are keen to build on our existing partnerships, develop new partnerships and collaborations that align with our mission.
Our goal is to secure funding that is as adaptive, flexible and predictable as possible to allow us to implement our mission in the best way possible.
Work With Us
Partner With Us
- Working for Uraia means you’ll be informing Kenyans about their rights and responsibilities, growing national and county-based partner organisations, mobilizing resources and developing partnerships to advance our work, and contributing to Kenya’s democratic transformation.
- You will have opportunities for innovation in your work and to grow your career. You will be inspired and supported by a great team culture.
- You will work for a mission-driven organisation that is well-known and trusted in Kenya, and beyond.
- We have a strong track record of delivering programmes that respond to the needs of Kenya’s citizens- the ‘raia’- whoever and wherever they are.
- Our projects are delivered with fidelity to our values of equality, equity, integrity, non-partisanship, professionalism and teamwork.
- We are present in every county of Kenya through our network of Implementing Partners, Civic Educators, Budget Facilitators and County Civic Education Coordinators. They in turn are committed to ensuring that their communities thrive, not just survive.
- Our organisation is accountable, trusted and respected. We have a robust governance system and strong partnerships across Kenyan society.