Qualities of a Good Leader
- Demonstrates respect for people, the Constitution and national values • Objective and impartial in decision making and ensures decisions are not influenced by nepotism, favouritism or corrupt practices.
- Disciplined, honest and committed in service to the people.
- Patriotic, promote democracy, national unity and participation of people in governance.
- Demonstrates respect for human dignity, equity, inclusiveness, equality, human rights, non-discrimination and protects the marginalized.
- Promotes good governance, integrity, transparency and accountability.
Principles and Values of Leadership and Integrity
A voter should be guided by the following principles of leadership in electing a leader with integrity as contained in article 73(2) of the constitution.
- Select a candidate for the position on the basis personal integrity, competence, and suitability in a free, fair, credible, verifiable and peaceful elections
- Elect a leader who demonstrates objectivity and impartiality in decision making
- Leaders who ensure decisions are not influenced by nepotism, favoritism and other improper motives or corrupt practices
- Leaders who demonstrate selfless service based solely on public interest as shown by honesty in; honesty in the execution of public duties, declares any person of interest that may conflict with public duties.
- Leaders who demonstrate accountability to the public for decisions and actions.
- Leaders who are disciplined and committed in service to the people.
- Leaders whose behaviors whether in public or private life or in association with other person avoids; any conflicts between personal interests and public or official duties, avoids compromising any public or official interests in favor of the person of interests, avoids demeaning the office they hold
Values Of a Good Leader
- A leader who demonstrates respect for the people, the constitution and national values
- Objective and impartial in decision making
- Brings honor to the nation and dignity to the office they hold
- Promotes public confidence in the integrity of the office they hold a leader who is participatory, consensus oriented, accountable, transparent, responsive, effective and efficient, inclusive and follows the rule of law A visionary, proactive and good communicator.